Friday, September 13, 2013

First Run...Painful

Faith:

I have been in a long season of not knowing what God is doing and trying to trust him.  Sarah has been sick for over a year now and it is taking a tole on every aspect of our lives.  I know life is not easy but wow, I am ready for some good stuff to happen.

I was talking to Alex about this verse yesterday and I feel like it was more for me to remember then to tell him.  Funny how God does that sometimes.  


Proverbs 3:5-6

New International Version (NIV)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.




Fitness:

So two months ago I was running a lot...well a lot for me. 10 miles a week or so.  I was also doing a lot of sprints and hill sprints.  Then I got a tun of pain in the top of my foot.  I hate going to the Dr but it got so bad I went, thinking I might have a fracture or something.  Well the results came back that my foot was ok, maybe tendentious, but I had pre-arthritis in my big toe.  
So I took two months off.

In this time I did start using Blue Emu Oil.  It is amazing at relieving muscle pain.  I have found that it does help some with my foot. What it has helped the most with though is sore muscles haver a workout. I put it on before bed and wake up feeling a lot less sore then normal...check it out and try it http://www.blue-emu.com 


This last week I went on my first run, I kept it short 1.5mi.  My foot hurt, but I think that its going to for a long time.

Has anyone else had pain like this?  If so what did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment