Sunday, September 29, 2013

New Best Friend

Family:

For the last two months or so my life has been much busier then normal.  In this time I have really struggled with having quality time with my wife and kids.  The big thing that I have realized is that it's not about the big events but all about the little things.  The moments in time were I put aside the things that I might want to do and spend them with my kids. Taking 20 extra minutes at bed time to read an extra book instead of rushing them to bed so I can watch tv.  

I think that even when life slows back down (I hope soon) I will still want to remember this lesson because life never really slows down and the only time that I have is now so I better use it wisely. 


Fitness:

As I have been ramping up my workouts lately I have been a lot more sore.  Not a bad kind of sore but stiff and tight.  Maybe I am just getting older too.  (I am 30 after all)  Here are 2 ways that I have found to relieve a lot of upper-back and also leg pain.

I have discovered the magic of self massage using a Foam roller and lacrosse balls.  I am a huge fan of both of these things. After a hard workout or just a long day I will roll around on them for 10 min or so and it helps so much.  

For the lacrosse ball I use it on my upper back and shoulders. It really loosens tight spots right up.

With the foam roller I use it on my legs...just roll around anyplace that you have some pain.

Here is a vid of one way to use the lacrosse ball...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-lNjsBVBwg

No comments:

Post a Comment