Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Karen

Faith:

For the last few days I have been feeling like I needed to synch up with God.  I have been feeling this strong desire to spend more time with God, and just listen.  I find my self going to God with my own agenda so often but thats not how a relationship is built.  A highlight of this was during Alex's soccer practice, I was waiting in the car but I felt that I should go for a walk.  While walking I quieted my mind and just listened to God.  It got even better when I started singing and half way through the song I realized the words to the song were about waiting on the Lord and he would lead me day by day. It was such an awesome time....So I encourage you this week to take a moment and quiet your self long enough to hear the Lord.



Fitness:

Still sore three days later...Yes I am.  Not a bad sore just "feeling it" still.  A few of my friends and I post Crossfit workouts and a lot of them have names.  This one that he posted was named Karen, it is 150 wall ball shots for time.  For this work out you take a medicine ball and do 150 wall ball shots.  It sounds so easy because its only a 20lbs ball but after about the first 75 or so it starts feeling like 100lbs. When he posted it I tried to remember the last time that I did it, it was over two years ago, but I remembered that it hurt....I was right, but I beat his time...so it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment